This course explains how public works prepare and plan for emergencies.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the relationships between public works activities and emergency planning
- Describe how to establish a planning team
- Explain how risk and vulnerability assessments are used in public works planning
- Explain how to plan for each activity in the emergency management process
- Explain basic principles for implementing and maintaining a public works emergency plan.
Public works professionals, urban planners, local government officials, elected officials
Strongly suggest students take IS-552, The Public Works Role in Emergency Management prior to taking this course
NOTE: IS-552 is undergoing revisions and will be unavailable until the revisions are complete.