Ethics is an essential part of how we operate at FEMA.
This 1-hour course complies with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics’ initial agency ethics orientation for all employees’ requirements at 5 C.F.R. Section 2638.703.
It includes the following mandatory content:
The Ethical standards and principles to keep.
Contact persons including the employee names, titles, office addresses, and telephone numbers of the designated agency ethics official and other agency officials available to advise the employee on ethics issues.
This course includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 2: Conflicts of Interest
- Lesson 3: Misuse of Position or Resources
- Lesson 4: Giving and Accepting Gifts
- Lesson 5: Outside Employment and Activities
Upon completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of federal ethics principles, laws, and standards.
- Recognize situations that require advice from the Ethics Office, and know whom to call.
- Identify ethical issues related to:
- Conflicts of interest,
- Use of Government position and resources,
- Gifts, and
- Activities outside the workplace.
New FEMA employees are required to successfully complete this course within 90 days of their FEMA appointment. In addition, if the FEMA employee is a reservist, they must successfully complete the training 1 time every calendar year.
There are additional ethics requirements for all appointees (i.e., non-career Presidential or Vice-Presidential appointees, non-career appointees in the Senior Executive Service, and Schedule C positions). If you are an appointee, you will receive an additional briefing from the FEMA Ethics Officer.