This course provides state officials an opportunity to understand the policies and procedures for updating State Hazard Mitigation Plans (as outlined in the 2015 State Plan Review Guide), and effectively use the planning process to advance mitigation.
- Explain the purpose and intent of state hazard mitigation planning.
- Present guiding principles for state-level mitigation planning.
- Describe the requirements for standard and enhanced state hazard mitigation plans.
- Describe the submittal and review procedures.
- Know where to find additional resources.