Being able to communicate effectively is a necessary and vital part of the job for every emergency manager, planner, and responder. This course is designed to improve your communication skills. It addresses:
- Basic communication skills
- How to communicate in an emergency
- How to identify community-specific communication issues
- Using technology as a communication tool
- Effective oral communication
- How to prepare an oral presentation
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
Identify factors that contribute to and detract from effective communication.
Develop a strategy for ensuring that emergency communications meet the needs of the whole community, including those with access and functional needs.
Identify strategies for communicating effectively in emergency situations.
Identify strategies for improving your oral presentation skills.
All individuals involved in the crisis and emergency management decision making.