At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize three ways in which FEMA flood maps have evolved and understand an overview of the four-step mapping process
- Be able to identify at least three resources for locating flood maps and affiliated materials
- Cite the benefits of updated flood maps and recount the basic impacts of new flood maps
- Point out key implementation issues that revised flood maps produce for both insurance agents and the lending community
- Specify at least three procedures that can be used to challenge flood maps or flood zone determinations
Insurance Agents, Property Owners, Floodplain Managers, Planners, and other local officials who are assisting property owners with flood map changes or determinations.